Chinese New Years Nails

I know that the Chinese New Year was on Friday, but the challenge in Adventures In Stamping was for today. Why don't we just move straight to the nails?


What I Used:
Base Colors: OPI - Goldeneye & Kleancolors - Metallic Red
Stamping Colors: Milani - Black Swift & Maybelline - Bold Gold
Stamping Plates: BM-H15, W112, & W117
Tools: FUN stamper & scraper


How I Did It:
I painted 2 coats of Kleancolor's Metallic Red on all my fingers except my ring fingers, which I painted 4 coats of OPI's Goldeneye. Then I applied a fast dry top coat to speed up the drying. I used the horse on Winstonia's W117 plate and Milani's Black Swift on my ring finger nails. Then, I the top image (not exactly sure what you'd call it) on Winstonia's W112 in Maybelline's Bold Gold on my thumbs (couldn't get a good image of this...sorry!). Finally, I used the three top images on the rest of my nails from Bundle Monster's BM-H15 also using Maybelline's Bold Gold. Top coated, cleaned up, and sat back admiring my hard work. That's it.


I'll be honest, this was not what I had planned. I couldn't get what was in my head to translate to my experiments and some of my experiments to translate to my nails. But such is life. I still love it though. The red is so much deeper in real life and the gold much prettier as well. I swear I will get better at my pictures!


Well, it late and I have to get up WAY to early for work tomorrow so I must say goodnight. Stay as long as you'd like, but please try and keep it down and you break it, you bought it. Now go forth and do nail art!


Follow on Bloglovin

Remember comments are love and I love to get them. Mostly I just love to hear that I'm doing/making something you all enjoy. So please drop me one if you do like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...