Calla Lily Nail Art

I have to start this post with an apology for not having posted anything in so long. December was a hard month to find any free time. With the holidays, my schedule at work became insane...sometimes working extra days, working 12hr days. Then there was just celebrating with my family. Finally, I spent the last week of the year sick because people don't know how to cover their mouth when they cough, I'm actually still congested. I did do a couple of nail arts, but trying to find the time and/or energy to photograph them and post it up was impossible. So, I'm sorry and I can only say that I hope to do better since hopefully things will start to calm/slow down in all aspects of my life. *fingers crossed/knocks wood*

With that said let's move on to the prettiness. This prettiness is brought to you from the Adventures In Stamping Sunday challenge, the challenge being to stamp our favorite flower. Now, Calla Lilies aren't my favorite flower, but I do think they are gorgeous. I don't really have a favorite flower, I've received so few in my life, that I appreciate and admire almost all flowers.

So without further ado, on to the purty!



What I Used:
Julep - Abigail
Stamping Polish - Black Frankenpolish
Stamping Plate - FUN 6
Tools - Scrapper & FUN Rectangle Stamper


How I Did It:
I first applied my base coat, OPI's Nail Envy, and let that dry. Next, I applied 3 coats of Julep's Abigail (I could've gotten away with 2 coats, but for some reason I've gotten into the habit of 3 coats...don't know why.) I waited for it to dry on it's on instead of applying a fast dry top coat because Abigail dries to a Satin finish and I thought that would look gorgeous in the end. Luckily with it being a Satin finish it dried faster than a regular shiny polishes do, so I moved on to the stamping. I used the Calla Lilies image from the Fab Ur Nails plate FUN 6 and a black frankenpolish. Then I cleaned up around my nails and that's all she wrote!

I didn't apply a top coat for the simple fact that I love the satin finish. I know it'll probably chip like mad and fast, but I couldn't bring myself to change to finish. It's kind of funny that I love this so much because I am not a pink girl whatsoever! I never have been, it's too girly. But this is just so gorgeous, I can't not love it.


Anyone interested about the Black Frankenpolish let me explain. I had heard a while ago that striping polishes are really good stamping polishes, especially the blacks. Well I had 3 that I bought long, long ago and have never used (was not a fan of the brushes). I tested them out when I heard about their stamping abilities and they did work, but again hated the brushes. So in a drawer they went, until I got ambitious yesterday and decided to dump them in an empty polish bottle. It took FOREVER because of how thick each were, but eventually I got enough to fill the bottle. I used Sinful Colors Time Off, Maxi S-Black, and Art Deco Black. I did have to be careful cleaning up around my cuticles because the blacks have a tendency to stain if your clean up brush isn't clean. It just meant I did short strokes and wiped of the brush off each time before dipping it back in the acetone. I'm thinking of calling it Celestal Nails Pitch Black, it's catchy!

Finally, I have a fantabulous family and for my Christmas presents most just gave me money and said "Go buy nail stuff." And I did of course. I bought A LOT of nail stuff...LOL! The FUN plate from above is actually one of them. Anywho, I am planning to do a post once everything finally gets here, a haul post. So keep your eyes out for it because I have a lot of lovelies to share with you all!

Well that's it for now. Now go forth and do nail art!


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...