The challenge this week in Adventures In Stamping was to use 3 blues, with blue being my favorite color you can understand how excited I was about this. I quickly grabbed my binder of plates to figure out what I was gonna do and off I went. Strangely, my favorite thing to do during Christmas is wrap presents. I love it so much, my mother just ended up letting me wrap my own presents in my teens. (I would peek at my presents every year anyway, I'm not a patient person.) So this nail art is perfect for me.



What I Used:
China Glaze - Sci-Fly By
China Glaze - Fairy Dust
Stamping Polishes - Kleancolor - Metallic Aqua & Sapphire
Stamping Plates - Mash-40 & BM-SE1
Tools - Scrapper, Konad Double Stamper, & FUN Rectangle Stamper


How I Did It:
I applied 2 coats of China Glaze's Sci-Fly By and then a quick dry top coat. Next I applied the first stamp using Mash-40, Kleancolor's Metallic Aqua, and the FUN Stamper. I applied another quick dry top coat, because when I did my experiments I sometimes had issues with transferring the image. Then, I used BM-SE1, Kleancolor's Metallic Sapphire, and the Konad Double Stamper. I then applied a coat of China Glaze's Fairy Dust before finally applying a final top coat and cleaning up. That's it!


This whole process is why I'm glad I experiment/practice. My original idea had different polishes, but I wasn't happy with it. I had thought of using a different stamp than the swirls, but I didn't like the final result. But the big reason I was happy I decided to experiment first was because of the BM-SE1 plate. My first polish didn't want to pick up and on top of that, none of my various stampers wanted to pick up the image except my old Konad Double Stamper. This my friends is why I almost always experiment first!

Anywho, I just love this. I've had this sort of idea about wrapping paper nails in my head ever since I first saw the BM-SE1 plate. I love the final product, the holo from the Fairy Dust and Sci-Fly By is just unbelievable!


That's it for now. Now go forth and do nail art!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...