I did this nail art for the challenge yesterday in Adventures In Stamping, the challenge was Winter or Thanksgiving. I was totally intending to do a Thanksgiving nail art, but somehow I zigged to winter instead. Although, I find it funny, when I did this I had no idea it was supposed to snow today...and oh my god did it snow! Anywho, let's get to this.


What I Used:
OPI - I Vant To Be A-Lone Star
Kleancolors - Metallic White
Sally Hansen - Glass Slipper
Stamping Color - CoverGirl - Copper-ccino
Stamping Plate - W102
White Acrylic Paint
Tools - Small & thin paint brush, Makeup sponge, Stamper, & Scrapper

How I Did It:
As always, I started with a base coat and then moved onto my base color, OPI's I Vant To Be A-Lone Star. I applied 4 coats, but I probably only needed to do 2 because of the next step. After my base was dried, I took a small piece of the makeup sponge and the white acrylic paint and sponged my nails. I tried not to be heavy handed with the sponging because I wanted the blue to show through. That dried quickly so I moved on to the stamping. I used the tree image on Winstonia's W102 plate and CoverGirl's Copper-ccino for the color. Next, I used the small paint brush to line the top of the branches with white paint. After that, I sponged the white across the tip of my nail, making sure to completely cover the roots of the trees. Next, I applied a thin coat of Kleancolors' Metallc White and Sally Hansen's Glass Slipper. Finally, I applied a top coat and cleaned up around my cuticles. That's it!


Despite how long the description is, it wasn't that hard, but it is so pretty! The light hitting the glitters reminds me so much of when the sun hits the snow and it just sparkles.

My nubbins are starting to grow out, so yay! Although, I did decide to go out and buy OPI's Nail Envy. I've used it in the past and I'm hoping it'll help with my nails. Fingers crossed!


Well, I do believe that's it for now. I must head to bed, but you'll all welcome to stay as long as you wish, just please don't break anything. Now go forth and do nail art!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...