Hearts and Flames Nail Art

There was another challenge this week in the Facebook stamping group I belong to, Adventures In Stamping. The challenge was to do a nail stamping inspired by your favorite song. Now I don't have a "favorite" song per se, so instead I chose a song that I've been singing and humming a lot lately. P!nk's Try was my inspiration for this nail art. So, to borrow from another P!nk song, let's get the party started.


For This Nail Art I Used:
Sinful Colors - Black On Black
Sally Hansen - Red-io Active
Stamping Plates - Mash-48 & SE21
Tools - Plastic Card & Stamper

To Do This Nail Art:
I began by painting a base coat and letting that dry before painting 2 coats of Black On Black to all of my nails except the ring nails where I painted 2 coats of Red-io Active. Then, I painted on a coat of Seche Vite to speed up the drying so I could move onto the stamping as fast as possible. Once my nails were dry, I did the hearts on my ring fingers using Black On Black and the Salon Express plate SE21. On the rest of my nails I used Red-io Active and the Mash plate Mash-48 for the flames. I stamped the flames twice on each nail to add more depth because they just seemed a little sparse. I then applied another coat of Seche Vite and cleaned up around my nails. That's it.

I'm really happy with how this turned out. I had tried another nail stamp earlier this weekend and I couldn't get the idea in my head to translate onto my nails so I had to abandon it for the time being. So anywho, I was a little pessimistic going into this, but it turned out better then what I had pictured.


If your wondering where in the song the nail art was inspired from. It came from the chorus:
Where there is desire
There is gonna be a flame
Where there is a flame
Someone's bound to get burned
But just because it burns
Doesn't mean you're gonna die
You've gotta get up and try try try
I love P!nk all by herself and this song is just beautiful. Check out the video HERE on YouTube.

Well, I think that's it for now. Now go forth and do nail art!


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...