Black and White Filigree Nail Art

I was looking around the net for inspiration, when I ran across a bunch of french nail arts. I had had an idea in my head for a while now about doing some kind of french nail art with stamping and this just seemed like as good of time as any to do it. So without further ado, I give you nail art.


For This Nail Art I Used:
Spoiled - Correction Tape
Sally Hansen - Black Out
Stamping Color - Sinful Colors - Black On Black
Stamping Plate - BM-314
Tools - Stamper, Plastic Scraper, Hole Reinforcements, Tweezers, Thin Paintbrush

To Do This Nail Art:
First, I painted a base coat and once it was dried I painted 3 coats of Spoiled's Correction Tape. I applied a coat of Seche Vite to speed up the drying. I then took the hole reinforcements, cut them in half, and applied them to my nails near the smile lines. I pressed them down firmly and then painted a coat of Sally Hansen's Black Out on my tips. I removed each hole reinforcement as soon I finished painting the tip, using the tweezers to slowing and carefully pull them off. I went back with a thin paintbrush and nail polish to clean up any uneven lines and applied another coat of Seche Vite to speed up the drying. Next, I used the Filigree design on Bundle Monster's BM-314 plate to stamp over the french manicure. Finally, I applied another coat of Seche Vite and cleaned up around my nails. That's it.


I love using black and white for nail arts, the contrast between the 2 just looks so elegant to me. I had originally planned to do this in blue and silver, but while experimenting I tried it in black and white and was blown away.  I also had just planned on using French Nail Art Stickers/Guides or just free-handing the french but once again during my experiments I like the french being higher on the sides and decided to go with the hole reinforcements. This just goes to show you that you should always plan out any nail art before hand.

I love this, it's just so elegant and purty! Makes me happy. grin


Well that's it for now, so I bid you all a farewell. Now go forth and do nail art!


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...