Double Black and White Zebra Nail Art

Every week there's a nail stamping challenge in a Facebook group I belong to, Adventures In Stamping. It's just a fun little challenge, and it can give you ideas for stamping that you may not have thought of before. Anywho, this week's challenge was to stamp using 2 or more different colors, well I give you what I came up with.


For this nail art I used
1st Base Color - Spoiled - Correction Tape
2nd Base Color - Sally Hansen - Black Out
1st Stamping Color - Kleancolor - Metallic Black
2nd Stamping Color - Sinful Colors - Snow Me White
Stamping Plate - Mash-41
Tools - Blank plastic card & XL Silicone Stamper

To do this nail art:
First, I painted a base coat and once it dried, I painted 3 coats of the Spoiled Correction Tape. Once the white is completely dry you could use tape to do the black, but I was in a hurry and just free handed it once the white was tacky dry. I had to make sure the black was less than half of the nail so it would line up with the stamp. I then applied a coat of Seche Vite's Fast Dry Top Coat to speed up the drying process and also to smooth it all out. Now on to the stamping. I applied Kleancolor's Metallic Black to just over half of the image and then used Sinful Colors' Snow Me White to cover the rest of it. I scrapped the plastic card across it, making sure to go straight across. I quickly grabbed to the stamper and and lightly pressed it into the image. Next, as quickly as possible, I lined it up so the black on the stamper would be on the white on my nail and the white on the stamper would be on the black on my nail. I then just rolled it across my nail instead of pressing like normal, so I could make sure it lined up all the way across my nail. Finally, I applied another coat of Seche Vite, cleaned up, and that's it!


This wasn't an easy nail art to do because of how precise you have to be to make sure everything lines up correctly, but I do like how it turned out (even it I didn't get everything perfect). It's just kinda different and fun.


Well I think that's it for now. Now go forth and do nail art!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...