Pretty Military Stripes Nail Art


I accidentally/purposely (depending on who's asking) picked up some nail polish about 2 weeks ago. I was roaming around Walgreens trying to kill some time, which is always a bad thing for my wallet, when I came across a display for a new Revlon collection called the Chroma Chameleon. My mind immediately started running with thoughts of nail art dancing through it. Normally when I buy a polish I'll get on my phone really quick and look up reviews for it, it helps cut down on duds, but I just grabbed them and ran. I only picked up 4 because unfortunately it had already been thoroughly picked clean before I got there and the polishes are a little pricey. (Normally that wouldn't stop me, but being on med leave I have to be extra mindful on what I'm spending.) The 4 polishes I got are gorgeous though, although I have gone back to look/buy (depending on who's asking) more and they're all out, same goes for everywhere else I've looked.

Anywho, the biggest reason I got them, besides the fact they're gorgeous, was I was hoping they'd stamp. Chrome polishes usually do, but not all. I've been testing and playing around with them for the last 2 weeks and am happy to say they all stamped really well. They are really sheer if you wear them as just polish, but all the ones I bought stamped beautiful. I picked up Gold, Rose Gold, Topaz, and Aquamarine. The hardest thing was figuring out what to stamp, but eventually everything fell into place. So without further ado, I give you nail art...


I had a hard time deciding on which color combo I liked better, Aquamarine and Topaz or Rose Gold and Topaz, so I choose to do both alternating them on each finger. I painted my base coat and then applied 2 coats of Black Satin by Rimmel. To speed up the drying time, I applied a coat of Seche Vite. After everything was dry, I stamped the Aquamarine and Rose Gold on alternating fingers and then went back and stamped the Topaz over top using the same stamp. Then, I just applied another coat of Seche Vite and that was it. I loved how beautiful this stamp looked before the top coat, but it is even more stunning afterwards. The top coat just bought out the chrome and made it stand out even more against the black.

The nice thing about this stamp is, with a thin nail art brush you could create this by hand. You don't need a steady hand, in fact it looks better if it's a little less controlled. Plus, every finger will look slightly different making them all unique. I stamped both my hands, but I did do a test and was able to achieve a similar type of striping as the stamp.

For this nail art I used:
Base Color - Rimmel - Black Satin
Stamping Color - Revlon Chroma Chameleon Topaz, Aquamarine, and Rose Gold
Stamping Plates - Mash-38
Blank plastic card for scrapping polish and XL Stamper
Optional - Thin nail art brush if doing the lines by hand

I love this nail art. It's so simple, but so beautiful. I've gotten so many compliments and oohs and ahhs over this. It's makes me happy! LOL. Although it was a pain to photograph, but honestly it looks even better in person.

The 2 pics above are from my left hand and the two below are from my right.



Well, we've now come to the end of this program, and what a beautiful program it was if I say so myself. So I'll let you get back to your regularly scheduled program and send you off.

Now go forth and do nail art!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...