Sunny Days Nail Art

I've had this vision in my head of a sun vector nail art for a while now and finally decided to do it. It's not exactly how I envisioned it, but it's nice. Although, I'll probably try this again later to execute the exact vision in my head.


To do this nail art, I first painted my base coat and then applied 3 coats of NYC Skyline Blue. Slapped a coat of a quick dry top coat (Seche Vite) to speed up the drying. The rays are from the Winstonia plate collection, plate W111. I stamped them with Jordana White because I didn't want the white to be opaque or too stark against the blue. I grabbed my largest dotting tool and yellow acrylic paint next and dotted on the sun, I later went back with a nail art brush to make the suns bigger because they were too small. Using a nail art brush I painted on 2 coats of the green acrylic, waiting for it to dry between coats. With a thin nail art brush, I outlined the green with black acrylic and added more lines. As soon as the acrylic paints dried to the touch, I applied a coat of Seche Vite to seal it all in and add a shine. Be sure to wrap the tips and sides well with the top coat otherwise the acrylic paint will chip off fast.


I went overboard with the black lines, so this isn't my favorite nail art. I have a tendency to do that unfortunately. It's always hard for me to figure out where the line between just enough and too much is. But isn't that just the breaks.

For this nail art I used:
Base Color - NYC - Skyline Blue
Stamping Color - Jordana - White
Stamping Plate - Winstonia W111
Acrylic Paints - Yellow, Green, and Black
Tools - Large dotting tool, nail art brushes, blank plastic card, and XL stamper


I did have a laugh with this nail art. My brother looked at it from a few feet away and said it looked like I had egg yokes on my nails. Now I have a urge to do egg nails...LOL.

Well, we've once again come to the end of this program. Now go forth and do nail art!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...