It's an Alien Invasion...Nail Art

I apologize for not posting for so long, but I've been going through a lot of medical issues for the past 2 weeks and just didn't feel up to doing anything on my nails. If anyone wants to know what's going on, I've written about it at the end of the post.

Anywho, I've been addicted to the History/Discovery like channels for the past 2 weeks. Well I was watching Ancient Aliens one day and inspiration hit, I had to do an Alien Invasion nail art. It was also a little apropos being that my body has felt like it was completely alien to me.


This nail art was really easy. All I did was apply my base coat and then I applied 2 coats of a black nail polish. I put a fast drying top coat to help speed up the drying time. Then I grabbed my stamping plates and stamped away. I cleaned up the extra polish around my cuticles from the stamping and put another coat of the fast drying top coat. That's it! It was that easy.

For this nail art I used:
Base Color - Rimmel - Black Satin
Stamping Color - Sally Hansen - Silver Sweep
Stamping Plates - Cheeky CH32 and CH46
Blank plastic card for scrapping polish and XL Stamper

I was super excited to do this because I just got my new XL stamper and was dying to try it out. It's got a learning curve to it, but with some practice I quickly figured it out. I love how much easier it makes stamping. The XL stamper is silicone and the placement control using it was amazing. I didn't have to worrying about lining it up along my cuticle and then rolling it over top my nail to the other side like with regular rubber stampers. I just lined up the middle of the stamp to the middle of my nail and plopped it down. I love how little pressure it put on my tips. That's something I have always hated with the rubber stampers. My nails are natural and they all have a nice c-curve to them. Doing a full sized image or even a small image just at the end of my tips with a rubber stampers puts a lot of pressure on my tips. I 100% love the XL stamper. I'm already planning tons of other things so I can play with it some more. I did have a slight problem with the stamper falling out, but I just shoved it in my Konad stamper.

If you're curious about what's been going on with me continue reading on after the pic. If not that's fine and I'll end it here. Now go forth and do nail art!


I had diagnostic surgery on May 2nd for my endometriosis and was supposed to return to work on May 6th, but my body had other plans. My pain and nausea level never decreased, and I had some other things that I won't go into because they're really disgusting. So I made an emergency visit to the doctor on the 6th. My doctor who did the surgery was out of the office for the week so I had to see another one. He thought I was just taking longer than most to heal, so he filled out FMLA for me so I could take the week off. The 10th rolled around and I had another checkup, but nothing had changed, in fact certain things that again I won't go into got worse. My doctor was back and she had me do a CT scan and we finally figured out what was wrong... Drum Roll Please...I had a massive infection! She told me that it was good that we caught it and didn't let it go any longer because the infection was in the fatty area in my stomach, but it had started to move into the muscle and from there it could have gotten really bad! She put me on antibiotics and extended my FMLA another week.

I'm feeling much better and while I still have some pain, my pain level is way down. I only have one issue left, but I'll talk to my doctor on 17th about it. Hopefully I will can go back to work on the 20th, my job has been really understanding and patient with this all. I've had other jobs that would not have been this nice. I just don't want it to seem like I'm taking advantage of them or anything, but at the same time I realize I'm getting older and don't want to push myself before my body's ready. So I'm really thankful and appreciative about how great my bosses have been about this.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...