Cartoony Nails



I wanted to do something fun after the crap week I had and what could be more fun than cartoons. So I give you all Cartoony Nails, well cartoonish nails. smile

This nail art is easy if you have a steady hand, which unfortunately I did not have when I did these. I had to do several tries before I finally figured it out. Thankfully I use acrylics paints which are easy to remove if I make a mistake otherwise I would probably have a head injury from banging my head against the desk in frustration. But once it finally clicked it went smoothly and quickly.

Using a thin striper brush I made guide lines along the sides and bottoms of my nails. I then took a short, thin brush to color in the the sides and bottoms. Using the same brush I carefully drew in the top line along my cuticle. I then took the same short, thin brush and did the white line and dot bellow it. I applied a matte top coat to give the manicure that cartoon/comic look, but this is totally optional. If you want to see what the nail art looks with a shiny top coat, I posted a pic below.

It's a fun and easy nail art (once you get the technique down). I'm glad I stuck with it because I really like it.

For this nail art I used:
OPI - Can't Find My Czechbook
Acrylic Paints - Black and White
Striper brush and short thin brush
NYC - Matte me Crazy Mattifying Top Coat


I hope you all give this a try. Now go forth and do nail art!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...